“I am running because I believe that the role of a Member of Parliament is to listen carefully to the voices of people in our community and to reliably represent their ideas and solutions in parliament.
I have spoken to thousands of people in Ottawa West-Nepean in the past few years. You have told me your worries and fears, and some of you have even cried with me. But you have also shared your triumphs and your ideas.” - Anita Vandenbeld
To show how Anita is reaching out to the OWN community, I wanted to recap one of her many busy weeks on the campaign trail:
- On Monday Anita attended the Ottawa West-Nepean Federal Liberal Association Politics in the Pub, discussing policy development in the Liberal Party and how the OWNFLA got THREE resolutions prioritized and passed by the Liberal party.
- Tuesday, Anita spoke about her experiences working with women in Congo at a very powerful event held at the Ottawa Public Library.
- Every Wednesday from 5-6pm you can join Anita at the Tim Horton’s on 2970 Carling Ave. This is always a good opportunity to discuss your ideas, concerns and accomplishments with Anita! Later that day, Anita attended the thought provoking ‘Open Town Hall for Millenials’, hosted by our good friends the Nepean Young Liberals.
- Thursday evening, Anita enjoyed the OWNFLA wine and cheese with the Hon. Ralph Goodale, who spoke about the economy, democracy and Liberal values.
- On Friday, Anita spoke at the University of Ottawa Equal Voice AGM, speaking to the group about women in Canadian politics.
- Saturday night, Anita and her partner Don attended the Ottawa Muslim Association dinner, enjoying good food and great company.
So there you have it, a recap of just some of the events that Anita takes part in during an average week!
Want to attend an event with Anita? Check her Facebook page and website for updates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about events that Anita will be attending.