What will a Liberal government do to support young Canadians?
- We will increase the number of jobs funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program by 35,000 each year.
- Double the almost 11,000 Canadians who can access Skills Link each year. Skills Link helps young Canadians who may be at risk of not making a successful transition to the workplace - such as First Nations, Inuit, Métis, and persons with disabilities or single parents - find meaningful employment.
- We will create 5,000 youth green jobs.
- Invest $40 million annually to create more co-op placements for students in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business programs to help employers create new placement opportunities for students.
- Waive employers' Employment Insurance premiums for a 12-month period on any net new hire of a full-time employee, aged 18 to 24, in 2016, 2017, or 2018. This will reduce costs to employers by approximately $80 million per year.
- Work with provinces, territories, and post-secondary institutions to develop or expand Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs.
Young Canadians have a lot at stake in this election, and it is too important to sit out. Take advantage of the Advance Polls this weekend and go cast your ballot for Anita!
And if you can, contact the campaign to Help Get Out The Vote on advance polls or election day!
**Advance polls are open today, Friday October 9th, to Monday October 12th!
Make sure to cast your ballot for Anita!!**
"Our future is the future of our young people. It means giving them the right tools to succeed and to contribute to our economy,"